MBA Stories: Darden Community

• "Currently as a First Year, I’m in the [Black Business Student Association]. It’s one of the many clubs that I participate in. I’m a First Year Liaison, so I work with the club on making sure that we’re doing the things to get First Years involved.

"What I love about the club is that it’s a family, and sometimes when you’re coming to a new place you actually need that family around you to become yourself and grow into your own. [BBSA] has been that for me.

"I think what I’ve found most surprising about Darden so far is the abundance of things you can get involved in outside of Darden. UVA and the overall Charlottesville community has a myriad or plethora of things you can get involved in. I’ve been able to work with the Charlottesville Business Innovation Council, the [UVA Licensing & Ventures Group] for venture capital, and I’ve don’t community service with the Vice Mayor.

"So I think the beauty of Darden is the ability to follow your own path. At Darden you can truly make your own experience as long as you take that first step forward." — Jarrett Walker (Class of 2018)